Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:17+
Food Bank of the Rockies
Food Bank of the Rockies (FBR) is the largest, private, hunger-relief organization in Colorado, distributing over 130,000 meals daily through over 1,000 hunger-relief partner agencies, as well as FBR's many direct service programs. These programs include:
- Kid's Cafe, providing prepared meals to children at child care facilities.
- Totes of Hope, providing discreet backpacks of food to children for the weekend, when other nutrition programs are not available.
- USDA programs, such as the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) that provides a monthly food allowance to seniors.
- Denver's Table Food Rescue Program, that sends refrigerated trucks to collect surplus food from retailers.
- Mobile Pantry, that distributes food in rural communities and under-served urban communities.
Each month, a group from Metro Volunteers helps FBR with packing food boxes, reclamation of food donated by individuals and food retailers, or (most often) distribution of food boxes under the CSFP. This work is not demanding, but volunteers should be comfortable lifting boxes weighing about 20 pounds, and should expect to be working outside some of the time.
The FBR warehouse is located near I-70 and Havana, and volunteers need to arrive between 8:30 and 8:45. The work finishes by 12:30, although volunteers will often be able to leave earlier than that, depending on how busy we are.
NOTE: FBR requires that volunteers wear closed toe shoes and a shirt with sleeves.
NOTE: Since the number of volunteers I can bring is restricted, this project is not suitable for groups of more than 2 or 3 people.
If you have any questions, please contact the project coordinator, Lindsay Packer (click on the email link below).
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: