Pro Bono Mental Health & Counseling Program
The Pro Bono Mental Health Program matches licensed or those seeking licensure and insured volunteer therapists, counselors, psychiatrists, and other professionals with low-income individuals in Colorado in need of counseling.
The Pro Bono Mental Health Program invites interested community members to an evening with Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas on Tuesday, June 12th from 7-9 pm. For more information and ticket purchases click here.
The Need in Colorado
3/10 Coloradans have a mental health concern.
1,000,000 a year across the state need low cost or free mental health services yet less than 1/3 receive it.
Mental Health Services
Are you overwhelmed? Anxious? Stressed? Can you not afford mental health services?
If you are seeking Pro Bono Mental Health Services, please call our hotline number below to learn if you qualify. We will do our best to match you with a Pro Bono Mental Health Counselor.
1-844-380-6355 for more information or to learn if you qualify.
Please note this is not a crisis line. If you are having thoughts of death by suicide please call:
Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners,1-844-493-8255
the National Suicide Prevention Line,1-800-273-8255
Colorado Crisis Services: free local support 24/7/365, 1-844-493-TALK(8255)
Become A Volunteer
- Volunteer as a Pro Bono Mental Health Professional.
- Impact the lives of those who need the support the most.
- Counsel 1+ client(s) at your private practice or one of our host sites including: clinics, schools, community centers, churches, etc.
- Partner with your client(s) for 4 sessions a month, 6-12 months to enhance well-being.
- See your client(s) achieve improved relationships, increased attention to mental health, and enhanced capacity to meet basic needs.
- Gain access to future networking opportunities and resources for continued learning in the field.
- Apply by clicking here.
Become a Supervisor
- Mentor a professional in training.
- Our postgraduate volunteers working towards meeting their licensure hours need qualified supervisors to guide them.
- Make twice the impact by donating your time to support a mental health professional in training who is committed to counseling low-income Coloradans through our program.
- Meet with your supervisee once a week to provide guidance and discuss progress on treatment plans.
- Form a meaningful relationship with an up and coming professional in the field.
Become A Host Site
- We are seeking organizations to serve as Host Sites for our program.
- Our Host Sites include: churches, non-profits, community-based organizations, and schools.
- Please consider the following questions: Does your organization serve the mental health needs of low income Coloradans? Are you seeking to increase the capacity to serve mental health needs of your clientele? Do you have space to host a Pro Bono Volunteer?
- You can find our Host Site Application here.
Please note, all pro bono mental health volunteers must complete a background check through Verified Volunteers.
Questions? Please contact:
Kelly Groen, Colorado Program Director (Denver)
Caryn Oppenheim, Denver Area Manager
Betty Nufer, Pueblo Area Manager