Prerequisite Opportunity: Session 2: Planning - Building a Solid Foundation
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 18, Minimum Age - 18+, Skill Category - N/A
Session 2: Planning - Building a Solid Foundation
This is the second session out of six in the in the Volunteer Management Training Series, VMTS.
This session will explore the planning phase of volunteer management. Topics to be covered in the class include:
- Understanding the importance of planning for a volunteer program
- Write a purpose statement for their volunteer program
- Determine criteria for appropriate roles for volunteers
- Write a volunteer position description
- Identify the basic tenants of risk management
- Identify resources needed to manage an effective volunteer program
To register, sign up below and click here to pay for the session.
For questions please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaclyn Wilmot is the Director of Volunteers Services at Family Tree, Inc. She has 13 years of volunteer engagement and business development for nonprofits in the Denver Metro Community. She holds a Masters of Public Administrations from the University of CO at Denver. She is involved, lending her time and expertise with; the Minoru Yasui Community Volunteer Award, DOVIA, Metro Volunteers, Denver Public Schools and Leadership Arvada.